MORAMA COMMUNITY JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL

Introduction to the School

Morama Government aided Community Junior Secondary School was born out of a partnership between the Government and the Community. The Ministry of Education provide 75% of the building and recurrent expenditures while the remaining 25% is provided by the Community through a Board of Governors. The success and development of this school depends on the willingness and participation of the community from which it draws its students.

 At Morama we view education as the acquisition of livelihood skills through vigorous teaching and most importantly very conscious effort by students to become active as opposed to passive learners.

Our aim this year is to work towards fulfilment of the three year J.C. by improving the learner. We hope to do this by first developing staff, enabling them to appreciate and handle slow learners and mixed ability groups. We shall go on to look at the medium of instruction and improve the students English language skills. The staff will also be made to appreciate the school finances so that they are aware of the limiting factors in their teaching. Staff will also be expected to gain knowledge in operating school equipment including computers, constructing school timetables and counselling students.