Ledumang Senior Secondary School is one of the four senior secondary schools built in 1994 by Government in reponse to the national outcry for more places at senior secondary level.
The school is located at the extreme Northern end of Gaborone in the Ledumang suburb hence its name. It lies adjacent to two other schools namely Motswedi CJSS and Ledumang Primary School.
The school admitted its first students in 1994. The students come from virtually all the Gaborone community schools, Tlokweng, Mogoditshane, Gabane, Kopong, Metsimotlhabe and a few other distant places in Botswana.
On inception the school admitted 490 students and the enrolment increased by the same number annually until the school reached its maximum enrolment of 1470 in 1996.